Saturday, August 30, 2014

"CAROUSEL COMIC ART" AT DIXON PLACE GALLERY



R. Sikoryak's Carousel is Dixon Place's longest continually running performance series featuring cartoonists, visual artists, and theater and music artists presenting their work live. Now their work will be shown on the Dixon Place Gallery Walls. Featuring Emily Flake, Brian Dewan, Danny Hellman, Miriam Katin, Jason Little, Dyna Moe, Doug Skinner, Jim Torok, R. Sikoryak, and me - Kriota Willberg. 
My hanging... on the wall of Dixon Place.

I have three pieces in the exhibit: "New Linea Alba," a self-portrait commenting on last year's abdominal surgery, done as an homage to the 17th century anatomist Guilio Cesare Casseri; "Eggscuse Me!" is a color print from my minicomic "Pictorial Anatomy of the Cute"; my latest, "Temperaments of Popular Breeds" is a poster comparing the physiognomy of popular teenage heartthrobs and favorite breeds of horses, and is premiering in this exhibit. Sorry, I don't yet have the poster image, so go see it!

Wednesday, September 3
Opening at 6 pm
Performance of select participating artists at 7:30 pm
161A Chrystie St (btw Rivington and Delancy), NYC 
Exhibit runs through October 3

(I won't be at the Theater until 9 pm. You can show up earlier!)

No comments:

Post a Comment