Thursday, January 19, 2017

AWESOME POSSUM!

IT'S HERE!
The cover of Awesome Possum volume 3     

I got my copy of Awesome Possum volume 3 in the mail yesterday. It is over 300 pages of natural history goodness! Stephen Bissette (yes that Stephen Bissette) inked the cover designed by Angela Boyle. Angela also happens to be the editor.


Surprise! Cats like birds and squirrels.

My contribution is a sketch of an anatomized opossum and a shark (each on the subway) as well as A Pictorial Anatomy of the Denizens of Manhattan's East Village, Gramercy Park, and Stuyvesant Town. Yes it's a bit wordy but I like old pamphlets with titles that take up the entire cover. 


This project gave me an excuse to buy A Dissection Guide and Atlas to the Rat and a couple of tomes on vertebrate anatomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment