Monday, October 10, 2016

BRAND NEW COMICS FOR MY FIRST CXC

WHERE WILL YOUR UTERUS BE THIS WEEKEND?
Get it this weekend at CXC!
Mine will be in Columbus Ohio for the Cartoon Crossroads Columbus fest. We (my uterus and I) will be presenting the workshop "Drawing with (No)Pain! Injury Prevention for Cartoonists" on Friday, October 14, 11:00 AM at the Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum guess what it's about? 

And when we're not wandering around the floor, checking out all the incredible work that will be there, you will find my uterus and I in anchorage at our exhibitor table with my spouse, the incredible R. Sikoryak.


Female pathologic anatomy in Medieval Europe.

THE WANDERING UTERUS
Why all the uterus talk? Because I will be debuting my latest mini comic, The Wandering Uterus (Furor Uterinus) and Contemporary Applications of Ancient Medical Wisdom. Yes, it's a long title but that's what I do!


The uterus at rest where it is happiest!

This "parchment," full color, 5.5" w x 8.5" h, 12-page (including covers) mini comic explores a diagnostic standard of women's medicine that was honored by the medical profession, across the (known) world for millennia! Learn about the scope of diseases caused by the wandering uterus! Learn ancient treatments of this malady! Witness one woman's (my) attempt to use this ancient wisdom for her own symptom relief!

The inspiration for this tome came from the book Perilous Chastity by Laurinda S. Dixon. She has a fascinating list of publications in her CV. I think Perilous Chastity is a must-read for anyone interested in the history of women's health and art. 

What?!? You can't get to Columbus, OH this weekend? Well, you'll have to wait until later this month to purchase the Wandering Uterus through Birdcage Bottom Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment