Wednesday, July 13, 2016

FRACTURED FINGER X-RAY MAKES GREAT EMBROIDERY

You know what it's like to start a project, then put it away before it's finished, then take it out for a few days, then put it away again, etc.? Actually, I hope you don't know what it's like. I have a couple of them still going on. But finally I have finished one!

Matt's finger, Tricia's dress

One of my colleagues at Sloane Kettering's Integrative Medicine Service fractured the distal phalanx (the bone at the end) of... it was either his 3rd or 4th finger. Matthew was generous enough to share his x-ray with me right around the time that my friend Tricia gave me a dress with machine embroidery on it. How better to make use of two wonderful gifts than to combine them into a single project?


No comments:

Post a Comment